Monday, May 4, 2009

Laundro'phobia!!!!!!

Laundry had always been a nightmare ever since I got married.... it seemed a vicious circle.. was wondering if I am the only one to crib about it.....

I load the washing machine till it gasps for breath....and let it run during the night and i would plan to put it for drying next day ... but invariably i end up waking up soooo late.. so skip the drying process to the night... I happily let the washed wet clothes stink in the washing machine....

The moment i come back that evening , the remainder goes on in my mind for drying the clothes, i snooze it away finish my dinner, watch the shows and i head to the washing machine with a scornful,wicked look...

The process is not over ..... I let the clothes hang happily for a couple a days [ ?!!!! - err ... the longer it hangs, the more time i get before folding them back :D ] .. sometimes a week too... our clothes loved to be in an airy place than those dark gloomy wardrobes...

Then comes the day for it to be removed...and definitely not because it has been hanging on for too long.. its because there is another pile for the laundry.... and from now the circle is ON!!!!!!

Not to forget the days I escape from this cycle -when my dear husband takes the charge or wen my mom comes to visit me :D.......even then i hate watching them do laundry...

I got reminded of a picture drawn by a school kid - a washing machine with an attached hanger .... I would have been the first to buy if such thing ever comes to market... but wait a minute...wat do i do to fold and put them back in wardrobes ??? !!!! Err simple... ask my mom to pay a visit :D :D .... Selfish me :)

5 comments:

Dark Knight said...

Hahahahaha...hilarious one there. Reminds me of my days in residential college. Vicious cycle indeed...I used to wash my clothes in the middle of the night coz that was the only time I got...but no washing machine...good old dhobi ghaat types only! :)

Minal said...

I take the simpler route- run huge drycleaning bills!
:)

Mary Q Contrarie said...

I skip the whole dryer problem by simply hanging my clothes directly from the washer onto clothes drying racks most of the time the clothes never get put away. Simply taken off the racks to wear.

When the rack is near empty. I know it is time to do laundry again.

Unknown said...

Nice One Nits!! Even I m sick of doing laundry.When reading this blog, I remembered wat I did 2 days back - put the clothes in washing machine and totally forgot to power on. Then the next day I powered it on and did washing but forgot to hang it to dry and then this morning I hanged the clothes to dry.So it took totally 3 days to do because of laundry phobia!! ha ha

Archana Mukundhan said...

I thought I am the only person who does a bad laundry job. Good to know many others do it :)