Thursday, July 16, 2009

Haven't you finished it yet ??!!!

I just started reading the book and hardly flipped some 20 pages after which i couldn't find time for THE BOOK - Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus .
But yes reading through those 20 pages did actually make me understand things !

A question for you readers ... When you are busy cooking your partners favorite dish, your partner comes from work and he is unbelievably hungry and he throws a question like " Haven't you finished cooking yet ?"

How do you answer ?

OK, this is what i replied - What do you think i have been doing.. i didnt even sit for minute after i came from work.. and you ask me such a question..10 more minutes of blah blah blah....He shrugs and leaves the place..

I don't feel like eating and he doesn feel like eating and both of us go to bed without dinner facing opposite directions trying to get some sleep and our tummy screaming for food... an hour passed by..

Then we start kicking each other.. this is how we try to end our fights... and we slowly begin to talk and he asks ,"Why did you freak out when i asked you about the food ?" . I was like "I had been trying hard to finish it before you come.. but then you ask as if i had been idling ".. He was like ," Uh, god.. i just wanted to know how much time it would take for you to finish cooking so that we could go to beach after that "

Oh dear.. i couldn't have messed it more....

Its a question of attitude - I percieved it as a complaint note while he was expecting an answer !!!!

It would have been a lot simpler if i had answered " Another 10 minutes honey " rather than the blah, blah blahs ....

Then i realised, i could apply it for my work life too !!!!

Before my realization,when the client asked me - you havent finished it yet.. i go into the blah blah blahs for not able to complete it...

But now :) , i would need 4 more hours to complete !!!

I am no longer getting frustrated of "Haven't you finished it :) " .. Thanks to sriram :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a Fact!! Happens in every house!!

the blogger formerly known as sansmerci said...

wow... tht is so romantic! :) and u call that a fite eh ... and next time u plan to waste food...take a pic of it atleast and keep for me :D

Archana said...

Honey! This is the sweetest post I have readina long longg time! And it teaches me a lot too! :):)

Ice Cold Coffee said...

lovely content, lovely narration and good realization I would say. Keep flowing Nits !

Vimal said...

nice post!!!

Nithya Sriram said...

@ice - yeah true...
@swar - thank u :) and we didn waste the food - we ate it at midnight after we shook our hands :)...
will definitely take pics for ur foodie blog -
Whats Cooking today
@archana - thanks d :)
@dhil - thanks da...and would love to see posts on mafia :) really miss them
@vimal- thanks da

kicha said...

My 2 cents
"Veetukku veedu vaasappadi" - fact everyone knows and would have faced at some . intime.
Most times, ppl would like to have something cool. How about a dash of cool lemon juice with some vathal/vadaam. I betcha you, it would kill the first 2-3 min of nasty hunger. Try this and let me know!!.
But in our home - its quite the reverse ;)
K

Jason Mann said...

intersting question. In my house...Helen would most likely take the food and throw it at me. I know not to ask that question. If I'm wondering how long until dinner is ready, I'll ask what I can do to help. That never gets me into trouble. :)

Nithya Sriram said...

@Krishna anna : yeah, i shud be keeping some vathal or some snack ready ... thats a nice idea :)

@jason - thats soo cool... no wonder why you both get along so well :)

Anusha Srinivasan said...

hey nice post de...u both make a nice pair....:)
Sriram ku Vaazhvu than...:)he he...

Dark Knight said...

well Im yet to tie the knot but after reading this Im actually looking forward to such situations...these are small things that strengthen the bond and bring in a lot of fun actually! Imagine if this is a revelation after 20 pages of the book...wonder theres more to discover when you complete the book! :) very well narrated...

Parasaran Raman said...

Wow!! Nithya... You certainly have picked up a nice narration style. I certainly knew you would have eaten the dinner :P

Nithya Sriram said...

@vasanth : Ha ha... glad that my post made you to look forward for tying the knot :) yeah...cant wait to finish the book :)

Archana Mukundhan said...

Good realization !!! Reminds me of the fights between me and him :)

even husbands can make this realization :)

by the way, just noted u neednt change your initial now !!!(saw your hubbys name at the end of this post)

My FIL tried to force me to change. Somehow I tried to escape smartly and manage till now :)

Nithya Sriram said...

@archu - yea happens in every house... but the lesson learnt is soon forgotten .. so it starts all over again :D

Unknown said...

Nits, so beautifully written.